Hotel at a Glance: Minerals Hotel
There’s adventure year-round at Minerals Hotel, which is set amid Northern New Jersey’s green hills at the Crystal Springs Resort. On a warm day, you can go out fishing, or hit the links at an award-winning golf course designed by Robert Trent Jones (one of seven courses within five miles). The sprawling resort also offers plenty of relaxing distractions, from an on-site spa to several swimming pools.
- Woodsy decor adds a rustic touch to the guest rooms; choose a luxury room for a king size bed, kitchenette, and gas fireplace.
- Signature dish: Bison meat loaf and duck pappardelle are among the exotic options served up at the on-site Kites Restaurant.
- Splash around in several indoor and outdoor pools.
- Papaya-infused facials and mineral mud wraps let you relax the natural way at Elements Spa
- Optional adventure package: Sign up for the Mountaintop Adventure package, which includes self-guided fishing, canoeing, stand-up paddleboards, archery and hiking ($49 per person)
- Stay active: Go on a horseback ride to the resort’s mountaintop, take a private tennis lesson, or get a nice stretch at an onsite yoga classes.
- Complimentary shuttle takes you to Mountain Creek Waterpark
Vernon, New Jersey: Mountain Adventure Year-Round
No matter what the season, it’s hard to stay inside in Vernon, New Jersey. Set in the foothills of the Kittatinny Mountains, Vernon draws outdoor enthusiasts with mountain biking in warmer months and downhill skiing in winter. Most of the activity centers around Mountain Creek Action Park, which acts as a ski resort, water park, and action park. Here you can zoom through the treetops on a zipline, or splash down twisting water slides.
Enjoy the beautiful outdoors with a scenic bike ride through Paulinskill Trail or spend the day in the refreshing waters learning how to canoe and stand-up paddleboard. Visitors can also take in the various off-site activities that are available, which include skydiving, hot air balloon rides, and farm tours.
Love to travel? Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for travel tips, inspiration, and photos from around the world.
2 Chamonix Drive & Route 94 Vernon, New Jersey 07462